INFO COPIED INTO A PAGE, this is post-dated to make it non-visible.
September 13, 14, & 15, 2013
International Bluegrass Music Museum
Register Now for Mandolin Camp!
At the 8th annual Monroe-Style Mandolin Camp, you will spend three days with the finest mandolin faculty and luthiers and up to 50 of the coolest mandolin students you’ll find on Planet Earth.
With registration for each camp capped at 50, the camps’ intimate environment allows for ample opportunities to receive personal, hands-on instruction from each of these legends of Monroe-Style mandolin.
The 2013 Monroe-Style Mandolin Camp Faculty is comprised of the leading purveyors of Monroe style and many of them learned directly from and played with Bill Monroe. Our luthiers will be providing on site repair and advice as well as leading workshops of their own. Our camp faculty includes:
- Mike Compton, Camp Director
- Richard Brown, Associate Director
- Roland White, Faculty Member
- Jesse Brock, Faculty Member
- Skip Gorman, Faculty Member
- Mark Royal, Adjunct Faculty Member
- Will Kimble, Luthier
- Paul Duff, Luthier
Jam with new friends surrounded by Bill Monroe’s artifacts. Eat great barbeque and discover why Owensboro’s famous for barbeque! Experience rare performances by master musicians, onstage and off. Enjoy a total immersion in bluegrass music’s homeland, history and future at the world’s only bluegrass music museum dedicated to preserving the international history and performance art of bluegrass music… all the while surrounded by rare bluegrass memorabilia. Compare, sell or swap mandolins with other players. Get expert advice from our resident Luthiers and ask for a tune-up for your mandolin while you’re there. Be part of the museum and let it become an integral part of your life and music.
This is the last year that our Mandolin Camp will focus solely on Monroe-Style. We invite you to immerse yourself in the techniques passed down from the father of bluegrass himself.
The tuition fee for 2013 is $500 ($450 for museum members) and includes:
- Private room for Friday and Saturday nights at The Sleep Inn of Owensboro. Your reservations will be held in our block, listed in your name by the time you arrive. If you want a smoking room, please be sure to indicate that when you register, otherwise all rooms are non-smoking.
- Friday evening meal and Saturday lunch. Please eat before you arrive on Friday. Classes begin at 1 PM. Breakfast will be available at The Sleep Inn on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday lunch is on your own.
- Camp T-shirt
- Camp Poster
- Admission to the All-Star Faculty Concert on Saturday evening
Register Now for Mandolin Camp!
More Camp Info:
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday schedule of classes: MonCamp 2013_schedule
- Slow Jam songs (some Monroe tunes to practice if you like, not required): MonCamp 2013 Slow jam tunes
Please call the museum at:
Come jam at the International Bluegrass Music Museum each first Thursday of the month at 6pm! The jam is for musicians of all levels who play traditional bluegrass instruments. See you there!
Spring Bluegrass Music Lessons began at the museum on February 22, 2014 and will continue, every other Saturday morning, until June 28 when the students perform at ROMP!
All levels are welcome. Guitar, Fiddle, Banjo, and Mandolin, and Appalachian Clogging.
All classes: $70; Each additional family member: $35
Fiddle, Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo, Bluegrass Band, and Appalachian Clogging
Classes for all ages