Directions to the Museum
The International Bluegrass Music Museum is located in the RiverPark Center Complex on the banks of the mighty Ohio River in historic downtown Owensboro, Kentucky. Louisville and Nashville offer nonstop flight service in many instances.
Approximate Drive Times to the Museum
Bowling Green, Kentucky: 1 hour
Louisville, Kentucky: 2 hours
St. Louis, Missouri: 3 hours and 50 minutes
Evansville, Indiana: 45 minutes
Indianapolis, Indiana: 4 hours
Nashville, Tennessee: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Memphis, Tennessee: 6 hours
Cincinnati, Ohio: 3 hours and 45 minutes
Rosine, Kentucky (Bill Monroe’s Homeplace) : 45 minutes
DIRECTIONS from the Museum to the ROMP (Yellow Creek Park)
5710 Hwy 144, Owensboro, KY 42303
- Drive south 2 blocks on Daviess Street.
- Turn left onto Fourth Street, which turns into Hwy 60 East.
- Travel about 3.5 miles, then keep right onto Hwy 144 East.
- Travel about 2 miles and Yellow Creek Park entrance will be on the right.
DIRECTIONS from the ROMP (Yellow Creek Park) to the Museum
117 Daviess Street, Owensboro, KY 42303
- Turn left out of the Yellow Creek Park entrance onto Hwy 144 West.
- After about two miles, merge onto Hwy 60 West, which will turn into Second Street.
- After passing under the blue Ohio River bridge, the museum will be on the right. Turn right on Daviess Street to reach the main entrance.